Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Why am I always looking for more?

So, yes, I have a type A personality and nothing is ever enough. I constantly want more...more initiative, more challenges, more passion, more responsibilities, more money, more kids, more purpose, more "you did a great job" from God, etc.. For me, the drive doesn't stop.  Unfortunately, that has been a life long struggle of mine.  "It is my way or the highway.." I have reached my fourth decade in life and am so darn tired.  I often question "why" I keep wanting more.  Why can't I be settled? I think there is such a healthy balance in life, where you achieve goals, but don't feel the need to change the world.  In some ways, it seems that I keep trying to fill the holes in my heart because life is not what I thought it would be.  Or, maybe.. I don't want to fall short of doing all that I can to make a difference.  I don't know if any of you struggle with this.  But, if so, I know in my heart that there is a middle ground, a healthy balance, a place of contentment where we find a deep satisfaction with who we are and what we have accomplished. My prayer is that we all find this place of acceptance and just remember to trust, "Thy will be done."

No comments:

Post a Comment